It’s that time again! Let’s take a look at our great city through the eyes of one of my very dear friends. Kimann Schultz is a fabulous, Indy based, writer and artist. Her words have inspired me and her drawings adorn my walls. I consider Kimann one of my grooviest friends with one of the coolest new outlooks on our evolving city.
1.What part of Indy do you live in? NE INDIANAPOLIS, JUST OUTSIDE 465, IN THE WOODS
2. What is our cities “hidden gem”? THOUGH NOT TOTALLY A HIDDEN GEM, STILL EMERGING, EVEN ON A GLOBAL LEVEL, THE KURT VONNEGUT MEMORIAL LIBRARY
3. What is your favorite restaurant? WITH MY 3 KIDS PRESENT AND A COLTS AWAY GAME ON-SCREEN — BW 3.
ME AND MY HUSBAND ALONE — OUTSIDE ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY, THE ATHENAEUM BEER GARDEN
4. Where is your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? OUR LIVING, VIBRANT, HISTORICALLY SIGNIFICANT DOWNTOWN – TO ROAM, TO EAT, TO SEE A SPORTS EVENT.
5. Where is the best place to grab a cocktail? BALL AND BISCUIT
6. Where is a great place to pick up a unique gift? IMA GIFT SHOP
7. Where can you get the best cup of coffee or tea? I’VE BEEN A LOYAL STARBUCKS COFFEE DRINKER SINCE “BACK WHEN,” WHEN THE ONLY WAY TO BUY THEIR COFFEE WAS BY ORDERING IT – OVER THE PHONE!
8. What is your favorite part about living in Indy? IT IS A FRIENDLY TOWN IN THE FORM OF A BIG CITY
9. Who is your favorite Indy based artist, designer, writer, or blogger ? ARTIST: MAB GRAVES, BLOGGER: MADISON HROMADKA, WRITER: DAN CARPENTER, DESIGNER: DAVID STROHMEYER OF THE EMPTY VASE
10. What would you like to see next for our city? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE INCREASED EMPHASIS AND SUPPORT OF THE CREATIVE ARTS INALL SCHOOL CURRICULA, FROM ELEMENTARY TO HIGH SCHOOL, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE.
We hope this inspires you to try new experiences in our little slice of the midwest!
xoxoxo – Preppy Girl and Kimann Schultz